Tuesday 15 September 2009

Banana Oat Cookies

So we have quite a few over-ripe bananas in the house. Usually I will use them to make Banana Bread but this time I thought I'd find some new ideas! I got this recipe from http://vegweb.com which is full of every vegetarian/vegan recipe you can think of! I adapted the recipe a bit so here is my version:
Ingredients
1  mashed banana
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 of a cup of regular sugar
slightly less than 1/3 of a cup (about 1/4 of a cup plus 1 teaspoon) of oil
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 1/2 cups of self raising wholemeal flour
1/2 of a teaspoon of salt
2 cupsof oats
3 tablespoons of water (I needed some more once I had added the oats)
Method:
1. Add the brown sugar, white sugar, oil and water to a large bowl and mix together. 
Photobucket
2. Add the Banana and Vanilla.
Photobucket
3. Mix together the flour, cinnamon and salt. Stir it into the banana mixture.
Photobucket
4. Stir in the oats.
Photobucket
Photobucket
5. Use a tablespoon to drop the mixture onto a greased baking tray. Bake at 175 degrees celsius for 10-15 minutes until brown on the bottom.
Photobucket
6. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
Photobucket
They are so nice, I have eaten three already! 
Billiesue

No comments:

Post a Comment