Wednesday 9 September 2009

Blueberry Currant Loaf

I wish I could do more vegan baking but the lack of money means I cant! However, this recipe from www.vegan-food.net uses very few ingredients. Most of which you probably have in your cupboard! I didn't have any Blueberry teabags so I had to use Blueberry and Apple teabags instead. I also used wholemeal self raising flour instead of white self raising.
Ingredients:
2 blueberry and apple tea bags
1 1/4 cups boiling water
1 cup currants
2 cups wholemeal self raising flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
Method:


1. Grease a 14 x 21 centimeter (5 x 9 inch) loaf tin. I did not need to do this as I have a special loaf tin that doesn't need it ;)
2. Add the boiling water to the teabags in a jug and add the currants. Cover the jug and leave the currants in the teabag mixture overnight.
3. Throw away the teabags and pour the currants and water into a bowl. Sift the flour and sugar into the bowl.
Photobucket
4. Mix well and pour into the loaf tin.
Photobucket
5. Cook at 160C for about an hour. Until cooked when tested with a skewer.
Photobucket
Photobucket
6. Turn onto a baking tray and serve hot or cold.
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment