Friday 30 July 2010

Summer Vegetable Casserole

I just made an awesome casserole using a recipe from one of the lovely vegetarian blogs I follow Veggicurious. I adapted the recipe a bit by:

  1. Leaving out the courgette (I don't like it!)
  2. Using a green bell pepper instead of yellow (I thought this might add a new flavour so it wasn't all sweet)
  3. Using red onion instead of white (I prefer red)
  4. Using cherry tomatoes instead of sliced salad tomatoes (chopped them in half and chucked them on top of the other veg) 
  5. Adding sweetcorn and mushrooms.


The result? An amazing variety of flavours and textures. It was absolutely gorgeous. I had it with brown rice which added to the texture. I suggest you check out the blog for other fab recipes! 


Billiesue

No comments:

Post a Comment