Tuesday 1 March 2011

Nail Varnish Bargains!

So I needed a bit of retail therapy yesterday and I had a bit of money so I wandered into the local TJ Hughes while I was in the shopping centre doing my food shop. I ended up in the make up section and found myself the most fabulous bargains that I just had to tell you about.

These little glitter polishes (7ml) were £3.99 for the 6. They're not a known brand name (in fact I've thrown the box away and can't remember what the name was!) but they look awesome nonetheless. I love my glitter nail varnishes and these have huge chunks in as well as the small bits of ordinary glitter. They are each a different colour as you can tell: pink, silver, green, blue, purple and gold. The varnish is almost clear but with a hint of colour. They will make great top coats I think!

CCUK 103 White and Bourjois Paris 11
These polishes were both 99p each. The CCUK Diamond Gloss attracted me because I don't currently own a white nail varnish and have wanted one many a time for nail art designs. It is a very plain white but at 12ml for 99p I think it's brilliant. The Bourjois Paris colour is fabulous. I already have a sort of tangerine coloured varnish which is bright and in your face. This orange is totally different, a nice pastel shade with a shimmer to it. This bottle is 8ml.

L-R 018 Rose Orchid, 247 Opal and 040 Dancin'
These were 49p each for 8ml. A bargain for such good quality stuff! Rose Orchid is a very pale pink with a slight shimmer to it. I've got it on my toenails at the moment and it's a very pretty nude colour. I know I already had a white in my basket but Opal is much more than just white. It is impossible to catch it in a photo but it's a gorgeous "opal" colour with a purple/blue shimmer. Dancin' is another neutral colour but this time a pale brown with a slight shimmer. Good for those days when I'm not feeling so daring.

NYC i114A and i104A
99p each again for 13ml. i114A is a nice pastel yellow with a shimmer (the bottle isn't dirty but it was hard to get the price label off!). I already own a bright yellow but this one is a nice pastel shade which will be good for summer. i104A is a very sheer varnish which is mostly just blue shimmer. I tried it out last night and it is my favourite of the bunch! I'm glad because I picked it up and put it back a few times, unsure if I would like it. It has a quality which makes it excellent in sunshine because it is a different colour each time the light shines on it.

Kubiss 31 and 62
I've never heard of this make before and I suspect it's a cheap one, similar to MUA at Superdrug but these colours grabbed me. They were 99p each for 9ml. Shade 31 is a really nice lime green colour, totally different to any of my other greens and again, perfect for summer. Shade 62 is a yellow/orange colour with a shimmer to it. Really nice.

Rimmel London 60 Seconds 340 Torrid and 530 Star Dust
Last but definately not least we have these Rimmel London polishes. I love this brand and already have a few colours. These were also 99p for 8ml. Torrid is not as red as it looks in the photo above. It's a deep chocolatey brown with lots of shimmer. I tried Star Dust last night and love it. It is a light gold with lots of shimmer and looks great with my Barry M Nail Effects over the top.

I also got 2 little tubs of lots of different jewels to use for nail art for £1.99 each but my camera died before I could take a photo! The woman at the counter said to me "oh are you doing a nail art course?" and I had to explain that no, I was just addicted to nail varnish!

I do love a good bargain.
Billiesue

No comments:

Post a Comment