Tuesday 7 September 2010

Review on Enchanted Bath Salts

I did an enormous order from the Enchanted website (http://www.enchantedbath.co.uk) a while ago and thought I'd branch out and try a bath product which wasn't made by Lush. I stumbled across these bath salts on the website and thought I'd give them a try. I first came across Enchanted on the Lush Forum and I tried their Foaming Sugar Scrub and Whipped Bodywash. I loved the scents, the quality of the products, the prices and the customer service. The woman who owns the business is lovely and can't do enough to help her customers.

These Bath Salts contain Dead Sea Salt and Epsom Salt which help to draw moisture into the skin. This is different to bath salts which contain normal salt as this can cause dehydration. They are £5 for 300g which could be considered expensive but I think it is worth it! To use you just drop a handful of bath salts into hot running water and they dissolve, giving it a gorgeous fragrance. The only thing that I thought would make the bath better would be if it was a bit more exciting. As they are salts, there are no bubbles and they don't colour the water at all. I think if they were coloured or glittered or something then it would make them a bit more exciting. After a bath with these salts my skin feels slightly softer and lightly fragranced. When I use a Sugar Scrub and Whipped Bodywash in the same scent, the result is amazing. A gorgeous scented and relaxing bath.

One of the things I love about Enchanted is that you can have any product in any scent off the scent list. New scents are always being added, especially at Christmas and Halloween. The scents I chose for my bath salts were Island Hopping, Cherry Bakewell, Wood Nymph and Rhubarb and Custard. Island Hopping is a gorgeous summery scent which smells tropical and refreshing. Cherry Bakewell is my favourite Enchanted scent, it is very true to the food and smells of delicious cherries and almonds. Wood Nymph is a sophisticated Sandalwood and Vanilla fragrance which is unisex. Rhubarb and Custard smells just like those sticky Rhubarb and Custard sweets you used to eat when you were little.

Overall I think these salts make for a lovely bathtime treat. I made the mistake of leaving the rest of the bag on the windowsill in the sunlight and this did not have a good effect on the salts so I recommend keeping them in a cool, dark cupboard to make them last longer. The fragrances you can get the salts in range from girly to sweet and also to unisex and more complex, grown up fragrances so there is always a new one to try!
Summary: Really nice bath treat and a scent for everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment