Thursday 9 September 2010

Thursday Thoughts

Today I am thinking about books. I have no shame in admitting that my favourite series of books is Harry Potter. I grew up with Harry and I get the same magical feeling now that I used to get when I was younger. When I first read Harry Potter I was the same age as him and as he grew up, so did I. I think it is brilliant how the first book (The Philosopher's Stone) is aimed at younger readers and as the series goes on, the style of writing seems to grow with the reader. If you read the Philosopher's Stone and then read the Deathly Hallows it is so different. The Deathly Hallows is much darker and more of a teen book.

I am currently rereading the series in time for the new film which comes out this year. It got me thinking about when the last few books came out and they were available in adult covers or children's covers. Is it really that embarrassing to be seen reading a children's book? Children's books always seem that little bit more magical to me and I think that is why they appeal. On Saturday I will unashamedly sit on the train to Southport reading my Harry Potter book, as I have been doing for the past few weeks.

Billiesue

No comments:

Post a Comment